Monday, September 5, 2022

Pet Care by Ike

 

Pet Care.

By Ike

Every morning I do the same jobs. 

I get up and have breakfast first and then get dressed.

My jobs mainly have to do with pet care.

 

We have five  big dogs, four  are pig hunting dogs and one little dog called Peggy, a mini foxy x Chihuahua.  They are two male dogs and three girl dogs. 

 

The dogs are called: Willow, Push, Cherry, Bow and Nod.

Willow is too young to go hunting.

Push is my main dog, she is a really good dog and is the leader of the pack.

Cherry is my Dad and brother Chase’s dog.

Bow and Nod are the other boy dogs. Plus Peggy, who mainly hangs around the house.

 

It is my job to feed them every morning and night. 

They eat dog food pellets. 


 We buy our food from Farmlands in big sacks.

When we get home we put the dog food in a massive blue drum which is nearly as big as me.

I use a paua shell scoop to get the food out.

The other thing I do is make sure the dogs  get enough water.  

 

I also have to run the dogs every morning and sometimes have to run the girl dogs separately.

They also get let off to run about the property for a few hours and then I put them back in the kennels.  Peggy is a bit spoiled because she gets the run of the house.


 

Sometimes the dogs howl,  I don’t know why they do that, maybe they hear something.

The dogs are excellent guard dogs as they let you know when someone is coming onto our property. 

 

I also have 2 axolotls. Their names are Ghost, because he is white and the other axolotl is called Bronzo, from my favourite youtube video about Minecraft. They get fed worms, sometimes meat scraps and axolotl food.  


The axolotls have their own tank, otherwise they might eat the other fish.

 

We also  have a nice tank,  with two goldfish  called Jeffry and Mark. They get fed fish food.



It is also my job to clean both tanks, they sometimes get slimy.



We have a cool suction light thing and it sucks the rocks half way up and cleans off the slime.  It is like a fish tank vacuum cleaner.

I help to look after the goats and their babies. I feed them hay and food scraps and give the babies lots of cuddles!

 


Recently our goat chocolate chip had a kid.

 

It was a girl she is very cute I’m going to name her Biscuit. I always get to name the baby goats.

I kind of like doing all the pet care, it is fun.  

I really love my pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment