Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Check out Russ's story

 

Mt Olympus

On Sunday Dad and I went flying in our friends BO105 helicopter to Mount Olympus in Kahurangi National Park. On Mount Olympus there were very big rocks and the rocks were all limestone with sand in them. The rocks look different to any other rocks I've seen before.

Mt Olympus is really special because my Grandad saw the rocks one day when he was flying over and told the Lord of the Rings film scouts that they should do filming there.

I hid under the same rock that the hobbits hid under when the spy crows came. The place in the movies is called South of Rivendell.

There is no walking track to Mount Olympus the only way to get there is by helicopter.

Here are some pictures of me on Mt Olympus and here is a link to a youtube clip of the scene from the Lord of the Rings film.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAXidAPTRM




No comments:

Post a Comment